Re: Gmail again

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 15:38:03 +0100
> Terence <terence.john@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>> Two things piss me off: top posters, and those who do not truncate
>> their posts, because all they can see is their own words.
>>
> Add to that Gmail users who send list mail as Cc: and send the mail to
> the original poster instead of the list (uhum, Terence, for instance).
> This invariably breaks my filtering of mail into the appropriate
> directories.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

I send my mails through gmane. Only requiring an email account to verify
before sending is allowed. (Gmail in my case) This benefits me in a few
ways.

- never see the random off list requests
- spam from my address being plucked out of the archives is zero
- easy searching my now 'local' archive (363,177 headers

  currently trim dates as you'd like
- default replying to the list only

I have yet to hear of any complaints on how gmane handles mails. Any known?