No monitor (was Re: Debian vs. ATI Radeon x1650)

Hello,

thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it.

Kelly Clowers wrote:
> It is really weird that you don't get logs from those runs...

Yes, it's strange. I thing there's some message (an error probably) on
the screen just right before monitor's sleep mode, but it's too quick to
read it :/

> And the RadeonHD driver seems pretty convinced that there are
> no displays attached.

I've tried xrandr -q
output: no devices

> I still didn't get an Xorg.conf from you, it might show something.

See attached file.

> My only thought right nowis to try specifying some monitor info, like
> VertRefresh and HorizSync, and maybe use:
> Option "ModeValidation" "NoEdidModes"
> Option   "UseEdid" "false"
>
> or some such.
>
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg#Monitor_Settings
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg#Xorg_.22can.27t_see.22_the_resolutions_your_monitor_supports

Thanks for the links. I was experimenting with those settings, but
resulting in monitor's sleep mode only so far...

Anyway...

I'm thinking about switching to gNewSense (everything is working fine
there), I'll try Debian again in a month or so.. with better luck maybe :)

I just wanted to finish some work on packages I was co-maintaining
before leaving Debian :/

Regards
Dominik Smatana