Re: how to add sound to cheese

abdelkader belahcene wrote:
> Hi,
> I use cheese to create photos and video, it works with my webcab correctly.
> But no sound recorded on video I get just animation photos , is it
> possible to add sound via cheese ?
>
> thanks for help
> bela

Hi,

what's the webcam model and make, and what's the driver in use ? Is it
an integrated microphone, an external (mini jack, usb ...) ?

For uvcvideo and some gspca compatible devices I use guvcview for video
capture. It's available in Testing and Sid. There's a drop-down menu to
select the audio capture device. Make sure the microphone is not muted
in your mixer (alsamixer, kmix, ...).

Tom