Re: dhclient DHCPREQUEST loop

Hi Again,

Jerome BENOIT wrote:
Hello,

thanks for the reply.

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Tue,29.Sep.09, 11:17:29, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
Hello List,

on my Lenny box, the message

dhclient: DHCPREQUEST on eth0 to n.n.n.n port 67

is printed continuously on the syslog file.

and suddenly the request seems to be answered ...

Using tcpdump, it appears that dhclient sends something,
but apparently gets no feed back.

I guess that something is wrong with my dhclient, but
so far I can not figure out what: any idea ?

Are you sure the DHCP server is available and running? How did you test?

I think it is working as I have no trouble with my laptop,
this Lenny box is my lab computer.

How can I test the DHCP server as regular user from my box ?

Let assume that the DHCP does not work for a while:
is there a way to avoid these messages ?

Jerome

Thanks,
Jerome

Regards,