Re: Sharing ppp connection with wlan interface

Celejar escreveu:

[...]

You'd normally use 'master' / hostapd where the wireless clients are
connecting to the box.  I've never used ad-hoc mode, and I don't know
anything about it.

I've been trying to set it to master mode, but I'm starting to think that this card doesn't support it. How can I confirm?

$ iwconfig wlan0 mode master
Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.

$ lspci | grep Wireless
0c:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan] Network Connection (rev 02)

$ apt-cache show firmware-iwlwifi
Version: 0.18

Thanks
Vinicius