Re: Automatically creating user accounts from exim

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Eduardo M
KALINOWSKI<eduardo@kalinowski.com.br> wrote:
> I'd strongly recommend against creating system users for unknown accounts.
> With the amount of spam we get today, you'd be flooded with new accounts.
>
> It would probably be better to create virtual users, storing the mails in
> something like /var/vmail/<recipient> . And this is easier to do, by the
> way.

That's why in point 1, I said the source is trusted. Basically,
another app (on a different server) which generates the mails, and
then forwards them to exim.

As for virtual users, I asked the manager about using those at the
start, but he doesn't like the idea because they're not the way that
exim normally runs, so we'd probably have to use some weird
non-standard exim config.

Could you point me to docs where I can read more about virtual users?
Most of the Google results are for Virtual Domains, or for Exim in
combination with other software.

David.