Re: gnome-terminal and pango

On Mon, 18 May 2009, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 12:54:52PM +0530, Girish Kulkarni wrote:
Thanks for the reply.  But rxvt-unicode doesn't even render the
Devanagari characters.

Three other shots in the dark:

 mlterm
 xterm
 xiterm

Thanks for replying, Tzafrir.  But xterm doesn't support Devanagari
ligatures (and the script is garbage without ligatures) and xiterm can
render all Unicode _except_ Devanagari.  mlterm is promising but the
Debian package manager says:

    Though mlterm supports Indic complex languages such as Hindi, this
    Debian package is not compiled with Indic support.

I guess I'll have to play with the source and see.  Will do that on
weekend.

--
Girish Kulkarni - Allahabad, India - athene.org.in/girish