Re: Why is the kernel in testing so far behind what's current?

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 7:41 AM, Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:
> * Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@gmail.com> [2009 May 12 23:06 -0500]:
>> According to the Linux Kernel Archives: The latest stable version of
>> the Linux kernel is:  2.6.29.3.  So why is the latest kernel in
>> testing 2.6.26?
>
> In my experience, there is no point in bringing in a more recent kernel
> package until 2.6.30 is released which includes drm and video driver
> fixes required by the latest Xorg packages although the latest 2.6.2902
> package enabled 3D rendering again in the latest Xorg packages in Sid,
> at least for the Radeon chipset.

The reason I asked is that network-manager has been freezing my system
and the maintainer, who believes it's a kernel problem, asked me to
test it against the latest kernel.  But I really don't want to get
ahead of, or out of sync with, where testing is.

Patrick