Re: why must emacs depend on sound packages?

Chris Jones wrote:
> On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 09:57:55AM EDT, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
>
>> Chris Jones wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>>

>>> I can find some  config file or  other that provides ergonomically
>>> sound keyboard mappings, I should give it another shot.
>>>

>> You mean the cua mode?[0]
>>
>> [0]http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CuaMode
>>

> Not sure.. looks like it uses out of my reach keys like the arrows,
> PageUp & PageDown etc. (?) - was more thinking in terms of having
> frequently used actions mapped to stuff that does not require any
> contortions such as Ctrl+Alt+key.
>
> Need to take a closer look.

Indeed this is not so much about ergonomics, but about following the
usual conventions for commons actions.

Anyway, this page proposes an ergonomic layout for Emacs:
http://xahlee.org/emacs/ergonomic_emacs_keybinding.html .

--
Do you know the difference between a yankee and a damyankee?

A yankee comes south to *_____visit*.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br