Re: debiantutorials.org seeks input and new blood

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 11:27:24AM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Document it all you want. But don't expect Joe Toothbrush to read it
> all. If one _wants_ go through pages upon pages of docs to create
> something new, that's great and the more the merrier. But if one
> _must_ go through the docs to use the product, then by virtue or
> Occam's razor the OS with the least documentation is the easiest to
> use.

I remember when I got OS/2.  It came with lots of books on the OS, to
which I added a full set of RedBooks, and I had to learn REXX, with its
own set of books and RedBooks.  I spent a week floating out in a canoe
(while the rest of the family had a reunion) reading.

That was for my 386, back in the days when computers cost about what a
car did, and ram went for $1,000 / MB.  I forget how much AutoCad cost.

I'm one to read the 1000 page book cover-to-cover.  That way, I'll
rememeber a significant amount and know exactly where to look when I
need something I don't remember.

Doug.