Re: debian and ubuntu

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 11:00:15 -0700
prad <prad@towardsfreedom.com> wrote:

> we use (and support) both, but i'd like to establish a rationale for
> using one or the other.
>
> are there situations where debian is preferable (eg older hardware)?
> are there situations where ubuntu is preferable (eg picking up newer
> hardware)?
>
> what's better for use on a server? ubuntu has a server edition
> (with an excellent guide), but is it any different from debian?
>
> i personally like debian's slow cycle - i don't like to upgrade if i
> can help it. my son, on the otherhand, likes to try the new stuff
> whenever possible.
>
> i would like to see some opinions and personal experiences regarding
> these 2 excellent systems!
>
> --
> In friendship,
> prad

I think that as this thread has digressed, it can be seen that either
camp, Debian/Ubuntu, has their own beliefs.  The takeaway seems to be
that you have to tailor your response to your clients.  Do they seem
to be the kind that would favor one belief over another?  Then you
make your recommendation fit them rather than try to mold them into
your dogma.

--
Raquel
http://www.byraquel.com