xfce 4.6 and user menus

Hi

I have just installed xfce 4.6 from 4.4 and I am having some problems
with user menus.

I have built a user defined menu in ~/.config/xfce4/desktop/ it was xml
based.

Now I am on 4.6, this doesn't work and their is no menu editor !

I have noticed the new menus are kept in /etc/xdg/menu and are .menu
files. seems to be xml based, but different to the original

is there an editor for me to use or is there a way to attach a xfce4
submenu to a panel that looks at the old style menu files.

if I have to create new ones where do they go

seems like there is no doco on 4.6 at the sfce web site

Thanks

--
Etiquette is for those with no breeding; fashion for those with no taste.