RE: Debian RAM supporting.

DL30's
> when they came with 8GB (the only experience I have with >4GB &
32bit).
> In fact I remember being really surprised that /proc/mem recorded all
> 8GB...wish I had a box to test that on... :-)

The short, I was completely wrong. Sorry.

The long...
So I mentioned this to my coworker. He too thought the net-install
picked up the bigmem kernel. We have a dev box (Pentium D, 8GB memory,
64bit install) that isn't being used at the moment so we yanked the
harddrive and dropped in a 10GB drive we have laying around. A quick*
32bit Lenny netinstall later and it only saw 3GB. No bigmem kernel.
Apt-get the bigmem, reboot, and all 8GB are there.

Guess that solves that. ;-D

Thanks for the correction.
~Stack~

*Love having an apt-cache repository. Makes net installs /SO/ fast :-p