[solved] Re: grub2 and ext4

Sorry, turns out it was my bad. There was the wrong kernel installed in the
main partition, it was an xfs kernel instead of a ext4 kernel.

bottom line if anyone is interested. grub2 works with an ext4 root, you need a
kernel with ext4 support (2.6.28 at least) in that partition, one that does xfs
only will not work ;-)