Re: how to find trace of attacks
2008/12/30 abdelkader belahcene <email@example.com>:
> I fear that an attack or an entry in my PC has occured, how to find the
> trace of the attacks.
> thanks a lot
It really depends upon what you suspect occurred,and how, and what the
machine is responsible for. Be more specific.
1) Why do you suspect that your machine was compromised?
2) What does the machine do? Desktop machine? Sensitive nuclear
3) Does the computer contain information that, if leaked, could
compromise your organization?
4) Does the computer contain information that, if erased, could be a
liability to your organization?
5) How recent is your last backup that is known to be from before the breach?
6) Is identifying the attacker a priority?
You should probably consult a forensics expert if this is anything
other than a home desktop.