Re: howto read an audio CD?-> how to get ekiga and pulseaudio working?

ok, thanks!

putting in the audio-admin section all devices to pulse solved the
problem for the cd-player...

but now i noticed that another application doesn't want to play with
pulse:

ekiga
just hitting the echo adress to test i get on the console:
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:996:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
and the app reports on connection that there is a problem with audio and
that tere will be no audio channel at use... for a phone not very
practical

the very strange thing is that despite the ekiga system tells me there's
no audio available, on the other side they hear me, means the microphone
input is correctly send to the other side, even if i can't change the
volume, or hear the audio from the other side....

i searched a bit on the net this seems a common error, but i couldn't
find anywhere a fix how to get this working...

and no reverting to plain alsa, besides beeing a pain, since i finally
managed to get a more or less working pulseaudio-setup, would break the
sound replication to my hifi.chain (linked to another comp)

--
ciao bboett
bboett@adlp.org