Gnome's default (sound juicer, I think)

> desktop OR window manager:

Gnome with Compiz

> DBMS:

None

> development:

Emacs and GNU tools

> disc burner:

Gnome's default (Nautilus, I think), k3b for advanced things.

> e-mail client:

None (Gmail)

> file manager:

Nautilus and bash. Gnome-do can almost replace both.

> finance:

None.

> ftp client:

Web browser (usually Iceweasel)

> games:

Wesnoth, Nexuiz, Hexahop.

> image editor:

Gimp

> image viewer:

eog

> instant messenger:

Kopete

> mathematics:

Octave, Maxima, TeXmacs, LaTeX, AUCTeX, Emacs, GNU Scientific Library,
gnuplot, Octaviz, Singular, surf

> misc utilities:

Emacs

> p2p:

Ktorrent

> package manager:

aptitude

> pdf-reader:

evince and okular

> spreadsheet:

none

> tag editor:

tagtool

> terminal emulator:

gnome-terminal and konsole

> text editor:

emacs

> video player:

totem and vlc

> web browser:

iceweasel

> word-processor:

none (but will use OO.o when I have to open those email attachments)

> non-free:

adobe flash player (but keep trying gnash and swfdec)

iwlwifi-firmware

GFDL, according to Debian.

> SPECIAL CATEGORIES
>
> anything unreleased and highly anticipated:

gnash and swfdec are released, but I want them to get better!

> anything FLOSS deserving great honours (EG. Linux, GCC):

Emacs and Firefox, and all of their infinite configurations and
addons. Compiz for similar reasons.

> any organisation/community deserving great honours (EG. GNU, Debian):

DDs and Ubuntu devs. Sourceforge network ops.

> any FLOSS developer deserving great honours (max 5 at most, unless you insist):

John W. Eaton (Octave lead dev)
William Stein (Sage lead dev)