Re: Any textual web browser handling javascript?

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 4:57 AM, Chris Jones <cjns1989@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 03:55:59PM EST, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

[..]

> I mean that no textual browser I tried allows me to view my
> `romeomedina@libero.it' mail account, and in the w3m mailing list they said it
> was because w3m doesn't handle _javascript_.

Well, for what it's worth .. I don't have access to your mail account or
an account on "libero.it" .. but I just verified that I can _access_ my
gmail accounts with elinks.

And with my 256 color setup in an xterm, it looks darned good as well.

:-)

I have not use for this mail interface but I'm rather surprised it
worked without any fuss.

I'm pretty sure I had to apply some patch or other to enable some level
of js support in elinks and I'll search through my memories/notes if you
want to give it a try and need more info.

Otherwise if you can create a test throwaway account on that system I
can try it out for you and let you know whether elinks can handle it.

Thanks!

CJ

I use elinks and it does behave on Gmail, however it does not behave that good on Yahoo!, due
to _javascript_.