Re: Q: List Policy

On Wednesday 19 November 2008, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com>
wrote about 'Re: Q: List Policy':
>On Mon,17.Nov.08, 22:03:20, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>> It would be nice for the list to auto-respond to any HTML posting with
>
>I'm pretty sure you won't see something like this from Debian lists.

:(  Why not?  Some enforcement of List Policy wouldn't be bad.

>> As far as the CC's, I suppose I'll just have to admonish those
>> individuals directly.  (It would be nigh impossible for the list
>> software to know the the poster had requested a CC or not.)  I can
>> always killfile them if they get too annoying.  ;)
>
>This works for me (with maildrop):
>
># bad replies from lists
>if (/^(To|Cc):.*lists.debian.org/:h &&
> /^(To|Cc):.*andreimpopescu@gmail.com/:h) to Maildir/.Junk/

Hard to apply list-wide since sometimes a CC *is* requested.  My point was
that the list software can't tell if the poster requested a CC or not.

Also, I'm not subscribed to every Debian list, and this rule might throw
away something that was sent to both me and a list I'm not on.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))