Re: Very slim Desktop Manager

Adrian Levi wrote:
> 2008/11/7 Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@vianet.ca>:
>> What size hard drives have you had your box recognize?  My box is an IBM
>> and its BIOS baulks at many 8GB drives and all larger ones.
>
> I had a 486DX4-120 32MB running as my firewall / storage file server

I have slightly modern machine, but old by today's standards. It has 350
MB RAM. I am wondering if your file server was able to work properly on
your hardware. Did you NAS with users' home directories on this server?
Any insights how that would be affected by the host computer's RAM and
hardware? If it is feasible from resources point of view of my old
router machine, I would like to host all users' home directories there.

Thanks.

ever having been read.