Re: dpkg -i from within postinst script

2008/11/13 Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <eduardo@kalinowski.com.br>:
> Anton Piatek escreveu:
>> Trying to help, I came up with a script that can build and install the
>> package, and I would like to put this script in a deb, and have it
>> autorun so that we can make other packages depend on this one such
>> that a user has a chance of getting the package built and installed
>> easily
>>

> Why can't you simply tell the users to run this script, instead of
> installing a package that runs the script?

We have a base meta-package that all users need to install - that
could force this package to be installed, the postinst would offer the
choice of which version they want to download+build+install

It will cause less support requests than having to tell people to run
script X to achieve the same result

Anton

--
Anton Piatek
email: anton@piatek.co.uk

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.