Re: No pata_marvell in debian lenny installer?

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 16:39:10 -0200, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> Florian Kulzer escreveu:
> > IIRC, the installer allows you to switch to a VT and run lsmod. Check
> > which pata module is used, try to blacklist it if it is the wrong one.
> > Check "modinfo pata_marvell" to see if that one is available. If I am
> > not mistaken, running the installer in expert mode lets you select which
> > modules will and will not get loaded, or you can try the
> > module_name.blacklist=yes boot parameter to avoid loading problematic
> > modules.
>
> I've not tried with blacklisting. However, I did try loading that
> module, and it appears not to exist. The corresponding file could not be
> found in /lib/modules. Perhaps I'll try again when I'm home.

I just downloaded the current Lenny beta2 businesscard CD images for
i386 and amd64. The pata-modules-2.6.24-1-*.udeb contains
pata_marvell.ko in both cases. Is that module offered as a possible
selection to load if you run the installer in expert mode?

          Florian   |