Re: Etch - Netinst - Asus laptop - Problem

http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/dists/lenny/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/netboot.tar.gz
> -O /tftpboot/pxelinux.0
> instead, in the procedure I described in my first post...
>
> This time, "Network configuration has succeeded".
>
> But, I have another error message after:
> 1. Choosing a Debian archive mirror country
> 2. Choosing a Debian archive mirror
>
> Here is the message:
> [! !] Download installer components
>
> No kernel modules were found. This probably is due to a mismatch
> between the kernel used by the version of the installer and the
> kernel version available in the archive.
>
> If you're installing from a mirror, you can work around this problem
> by choosing to install a different version of Debian. The install
> will probably fail to work if you continue without kernel modules.
>
> Continue the install without loading kernel modules?
>
> What is happening?
>
> Thank you for any help you can give me and for your patience.
> (Sorry for the three consecutive posts...)
> --
> Lmhelp

I just checked the netinst.tar.gz for lenny it has kernel 2.6.24-1-486.
Which means that all installers for lenny should work with your PC.

I would suggest that you simply download the netinst CD ROM, burn it on CD
and try installation with it.

I think the problem you have now is that you have downloaded just the boot
part of the kernel but not the rest of the drivers, though I'm not quite
sure.

Just try with the CDROM. If you have fast internet you can download the Live
CD. It can save your life at any time and any place.

regards