Re: Gnome Nautilus: How to Open Same Folder in Same Window
0) Show the Desktop, and there is one folder A;
1) Double click folder A's icon and open the folder A in the window #1;
2) Show the Desktop;
3) Double click folder A's icon again, but this time a new window is
open to show folder A's content. We call the second one as window #2.
Window #1 and window #2 are two different windows. And I prefer window
#1 is refocused on when I double click folder A's icon again.
Thank you for your endless patience!
Stackpole, Chris wrote:
From: Kejia [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Subject: Re: Gnome Nautilus: How to Open Same Folder in Same Window
Thank you very much for every reply.
I think I ignored one important point: my problem is on folders
appearing on gnome user's Desktop.
Yes, I use browsing mode, but for folders on Desktop ... . You may
Any further suggestions? Thanks.
My previous statement of opening a folder and having the icon change
still applies to the desktop. It works the same for me.
Will you do us (and yourself) a favor and detail exactly what steps we
need to do to recreate your problem?
For example, here is what I did to test:
1) Right click on desktop and select "New Folder". Call it A.
2) Open folder by double clicking on it. Minimize it.
3) With the first window Open, double click the icon again. For me the
first window reopens.
.... so forth and so on...
Because when I tested it, it always signaled the already open window to
reappear. I might not be testing the same steps you are.