Re: vmware vmserver 2 is avail

On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 18:28 -0400, David Sanders wrote:
> On Thursday 25 September 2008 17:51, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> > @dam-main:~$ uname -r
> > 2.6.26.cybo.2.0
> >
> > @dam-main:~$ dpkg -l |grep vmware
> > ii  vmware-workstation                    6.5.0-110069
> > VMware Workstation
> > ii  xserver-xorg-video-vmware             1:10.16.2-1
> > X.Org X server -- VMware display driver
> >

> Is workstation worth $189 when there are free alternatives?

Purely subjective.  I think not, but if you need it for work or don't
want to learn how to run some other alternative, then yes.  It does
allow you to make virt. networks very easily.  Completely up to you,
wither you have the time and inclination to learn another system or not.

I think kvm is very good, have not had time to learn the virt.
networking yet, but it is running ubuntu x64 at (as far as I can tell)
hardware speed.

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com