Re: Shorewall Firewall with dynamic interfaces

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 02:24:26 +1200
Chris Bannister <mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 11:13:09PM -0700, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> > > no /var/lock/subsys/ directory.
> > >

> > You are right, I don't have that directory either.

> > > How did you install shorewall?
> > >

> > I installed 'shorewall-perl' package from the testing repo. I am
> > running Debian Testing.
> >
> > This looks like a bug. Should I report it?
>
> I don't have shorewall-perl installed so have no knowledge on that.
> Why shorewall-perl?
>
> A 'dpkg -L <packagename> shows what files come with a package, but a
> package can often create a file when installed or running; I think a
> lock file would be in that category.

As sated by Celejar, shorewall-perl is preferred by the author. Also,
the /var/lock/subsys/ issue is reported as a bug in ubuntu. Looking at
the bug report, no one seems to have responded or even acknowledged the
bug.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/shorewall/+bug/182982

The solution is quite simple however.

Thanks,