Dist-Upgrade Problem

I tried to upgrade my Sid system after having had it shutdown for
months.  Apt-Get downloaded over a thousand packages!  I had some
trouble which resulted in finally using the -f and --fix-missing options
and now I get the following results:

Setting up base-passwd (3.5.18) ...
Can't locate Pod/Usage.pm in @INC (@INC
contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/sbin/install-docs line 18.
Global symbol "$opt_rootdir" requires explicit package name
at /usr/sbin/install-docs line 136.
Execution of /usr/sbin/install-docs aborted due to compilation errors.
dpkg: error processing base-passwd (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 9
 base-passwd

Where do I go from here?  If I open a problem, is it against
base-passwd, dpkg, apt-get, or something else?

--

May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

Dave Craig

"'So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
 You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
 Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe.'"

--from _Nightfall_  by Asimov/Silverberg