Re: Keyboard : setup AltGr+e to produce é

On Tuesday 12 August 2008 16:56:04 Nyizsnyik Ferenc wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 15:58:53 +0200
>
> Bruno Costacurta <pubmb.bco@pt.lu> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I bought an Asus Eee (model 900) with Linux Xandros installed which I
> > switched to Debian Lenny. With the Xandros I got the combination
> > AltGr+e producing é, but no longer with Debian (same with á ..etc..
> > present on the Asus Eee keyboard UK model).
> >
> > How can I setup this combination ?
> > Should I setup it in xorg.conf ?
> > I'm using Xorg + KDE.
> >
> > Thanks for attention and help.
> > Bye,
> > Bruno
>
> Here is the relevant part from my xorg.conf:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>     Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
>     Driver     "kbd"
>     Option    "CoreKeyboard"
>     Option    "XkbRules" "xorg"
>     Option    "XkbModel" "pc104"
>     Option    "XkbLayout" "us,hu,tr"
>     Option    "XkbVariant" "altgr-intl,102_qwerty_dot_nodead,intl"
> EndSection
>
> The interesting part is 'altgr-intl'. Editing your xorg.conf may not be
> necessary if you (all your users) use a single desktop environment, for
> example, Gnome. Just select the altgr-intl variant in the keyboard
> layout dialog.
>
> --
> Nyizsa.
> http://nyizsa.uni.cc

Unfortunately this seems not to work (at least under KDE), and addiftional
settings like Option    "XkbVariant" "altgr-intl" freezes my Xorg.

Are there some doc or location to review all available options to setup a
keyboard in Xorg and/or KDE (via config files or user interface) ?
Thanks for attention.

Regards,
Bruno