Re: Keyboard : setup AltGr+e to produce é

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 15:58:53 +0200
Bruno Costacurta <pubmb.bco@pt.lu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I bought an Asus Eee (model 900) with Linux Xandros installed which I
> switched to Debian Lenny. With the Xandros I got the combination
> AltGr+e producing é, but no longer with Debian (same with á ..etc..
> present on the Asus Eee keyboard UK model).
>
> How can I setup this combination ?
> Should I setup it in xorg.conf ?
> I'm using Xorg + KDE.
>
> Thanks for attention and help.
> Bye,
> Bruno

Here is the relevant part from my xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
    Driver     "kbd"
    Option    "CoreKeyboard"
    Option    "XkbRules" "xorg"
    Option    "XkbModel" "pc104"
    Option    "XkbLayout" "us,hu,tr"
    Option    "XkbVariant" "altgr-intl,102_qwerty_dot_nodead,intl"
EndSection

The interesting part is 'altgr-intl'. Editing your xorg.conf may not be
necessary if you (all your users) use a single desktop environment, for
example, Gnome. Just select the altgr-intl variant in the keyboard
layout dialog.

--
Nyizsa.
http://nyizsa.uni.cc