Re: Aptitude oddity

On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 17:21:32 +0200, Sven Joachim (svenjoac@gmx.de) wrote:

> On 2008-08-09 17:11 +0200, Bob Cox wrote:
>
> > I have some packages on hold for a while and they have remained on hold
> > during several safe-upgrades.  Now, all of a sudden, aptitude wants to
> > upgrade two of them.

[...]

> It's a bug.  If "aptitude safe-upgrade" can't find any packages that are
> _not_ on hold (or forbidden), it will try to upgrade packages that you
> don't want to.  See http://bugs.debian.org/466228.

Thank you Sven.  I had already done a safe-upgrade earlier today so that
explains why I encountered this bug for the first time.  (I did look
through the list of outstanding bugs but missed yours because it was a
long way down the list!)

Thanks again.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.