Call for testing: mantis Debian package

Hi people,

for several reasons Debian Etch did not include a mantis package, which
was sad for the mantis users out there. This will change with lenny and
if everythings works out well Debian Lenny will ship with mantis 1.1.2.
The mantis developers and I worked hard to make this possible, so there
is really an ambition to make this mantis package a really stable one.
To achieve this goal I would need some broader testing and so I hereby
ask for testing. Everything needs to be tested: From new installations
to upgrades, so everybody who wants, can help with testing.

If you want to help you can get the mantis package from here [1].
Before you install it, you will need to fulfill the depends:

aptitude install apache2 libapache2-mod-php5 libphp-adodb libphp-phpmailer ucf \
    php5-mysql mysqlclient dbconfig-common

If you need an extra mysql database (e.g. because you don't have a
running one), then please add mysql-server to the depends.

If you are upgrading, you can obvious skip this skep. But you really
should make a backup of your mantis database or even better: Test this
on a different machine.

After this and after you downloaded the mantis*.deb file, you can
install the package, by just using dpkg -i:

dpkg -i mantis_1.1.2+dfsg-1_all.deb

The debconf part of the package should help you to get the database
setup. After this mantis will be available on

    http://<yourip>/mantis

Please test everything you like and report every trouble you have.

It would be good to receive feedback within the next 14 days, otherwise
its unlikely that fixes can still go into lenny. :(

For upgraders:
Its especially important to see if the upgrade works and if there are
charset problems after upgrade, so please test it with your real data
(and configuration) on a second system or so.

If you have any questions feel free to reply to me off-list.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Best Regards,

Patrick
Debian maintainer of mantis