Re: How to create qemu-bootable image using debootstrap?

On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 09:00:38PM -0700, David Barrett wrote:
> David Barrett wrote:
> >What's the best way to create a raw disk image using debootstrap that
> >can be booted with qemu?
>
> Following up on my previous post: I've figured out some of the steps,
> but I'm stuck on installing Grub.  Do you know how to install grub on a
> raw device file?

Forgive a silly question, but why do you want to install grub on the image?
Are you planning to dd it onto a physical disk?
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!