Re: CPU Frequencies Don't scale independently

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:56:44 -0300
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <eduardo@kalinowski.com.br> wrote:

> charlie derr escreveu:
> > Jochen Schulz wrote:
> >> Hakan BAYINDIR:
> >>
> >> You'll find the configuration of the currently running kernel in
> >> /proc/config.gz. At least Debian kernels have that feature enabled by
> >> default.
> >>
> >> J.
> >

> > It would sure be nice if that were the case, but I don't think it's
> > true.  I have linux-image-2.6.25-2-686 installed from the debian
> > package (in sid) and I'm booted into it, but there's no config.gz in
> > /proc
>
> I never heard of kernel configs in /proc, after all, /proc is a pseudo
> filesystem. But try looking in /boot.

For the record, /boot/config-whatever is a config file placed there
during the installation of the kernel, and there will generally be one
for every kernel installed on the system.  /proc/config.gz is the
currently running kernel's exported version of its config; it will
apparently appear if 'General Setup/Kernel .config support' and 'Enable
access to .config through /proc/config.gz' (below the former option) are
enabled in the kernel config.  I don't enable them, since the /boot
version is fine for me.

Celejar