Re: NC problem

Martin S wrote:
I'm trying to install Debian on an oldish Fujitsu Lifebook laptop. Apparently the installation doesn't recognize the network connection (no DHcP lease) while I know that it works at least with Windows (I have another disk I swap with on assignments).
Anything I should try to get the install working?

Martin S

Do you mean the NIC is not seen while installing, or do you mean the NIC is not working after you have the system installed?

If the latter, what is the NIC?

lspci -v

will give you the listing of all the hardware the kernel knows about. If we know that, we can then find out what driver you may need. What is the model of the laptop, someone else might have done the leg work all ready. Google Fujitsu MODEL Linux.

HTH

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com