Re: /etc/hosts + resolvconf (was Re: associating names and addresses)

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 03:13:27AM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 09:39:22PM -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
 > If you want more definitive UNIX networking, try "UNIX System
> > Administration Handbook".
>
> Rather expensive last time I saw it. :-(

Sure, about $80 new.  However, I've looked at used copies and these
basics about UNIX haven't changed in years.  Sure, the examples of how
to do specific things on their example OSs, and their choice of example
OSs change, but the UNIX fundaments don't change.  If you can't afford a
new copy, certainly consider a used copy.  Check out university book
stores, ebay, or amazon for used copies.

Glad I could help.

Doug.