Re: Alsa Problems with new Etch

> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 10:30:49AM -0400, alan@patriot.net wrote:
>

> Alsa has gone through some changes. And though I'm no expert at all,
> you should likely provide us with some additional information to help
> you on the way. Please provide the output of
>
> dpkg -l \*alsa\*
>
> and
>
> lsmod | grep snd
>
> and the relevant portion of (that is, the sound device portion)
>
> lspci -vv
>

> Also, you may want to try running alsaconf and see what that does...
       I ran that first and that was all that was needed! It asked
       me a couple of questions with obvious answers; didn't seem
       to do much. (Strange. But Wow!)

Many thanks to Andrew Sackville-West for his perspicacious and
on-the-money help!

Best wishes to all,

Alan

--
Alan McConnell :  http://patriot.net/users/alan
    "The intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy."