Re: amd 690g chipset

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 21:50:37 -0400
"Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 07:45:47PM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> > On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:56:45 -0400
> > "Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:
> >
> > > I would suggest trying links2.  It is light weight but does javascript,
> > > SSL, etc and will help you decide if the problem is the browser or the
> > > video rendering.
> >
> > I don't see javascript support in my links2, and according to the
> > changelog, it was removed in v. 2.1pre29:
>
> Well, I'm running Etch with links2 at version 2.1pre26.  If javascript
> is removed that's too bad.  I wonder if there's another text-only
> browser with javascript.

I looked high and low, but could not find one.  Also, note that
Javascript support was removed from links2 because it was in pretty bad
shape, as per the changelog:

<Quote>

Javascript was removed. The reason is that it is very buggy, Martin
Pergel doesn't have time to develop it and code is so messy that no one
else can understand it.

</Quote>

> Doug.

Celejar