Re: vanishing desktop menu and background pattern.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 02:32:33PM -0500, PETER EASTHOPE wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> At Mon, 11 Feb 2008 19:23:37 -0800
> as-w> ... taskbars available with a menu on them ...
>
> Right oh.  I'd overlooked that.
>
> as-w> ... taskbars, you can right click ...
>
> I'd never used "Add new item".
>
> This should let me restore the desktop.  Will
> try this weekend.

yes, you can add a new instance of the "xfce" menu which should then
get you to the preferences.

> as-w> ... do you have both xfce4-panel and xfdesktop running?
>
> Yes.  Is that normal?

yes.

I don't know, btw, that this will help your situation, as I haven't
used xfce in a while, I'm only reporting my memory of the situation.

regardless, hth