Re: DSL modems over USB?

On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 07:53:09PM +0930, Paul Wise wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> [Please CC me on any replies]
>
> Does GNU/Linux have any support for using DSL modems over USB? I'm
> mainly interested in the Speedstream 4200 since I'm at a house that uses
> it :(

As I see web pages, Speedstream 4200 supports ethernet too.  Why not
connect it by ethernet unless you have some feature limitted version.

Is your ISP provide connetion via PPPoE or DHCP.  If your DSL provider
talks about connection ID, it should be PPPoE.

(I think USB may be used with some PPP configuration.  USB is just
another serial port.)

Anyway, google get me to 3 URLs talking about this :-)

 * http://www.epinions.com/content_245708263044
 * http://whirlpool.net.au/index.cfm?a=h_view&model_id=279
 * http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/570249.html

Good luck.