Re: apt-get -dist-upgrade leaves wireless keyboard and mouse useless on "sarge"

On Dec 26, 11:40 am, Daniel Burrows <dburr...@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 25, 2007 at 07:09:25PM -0800, schmity <schm...@nctv.com> was heard to say:
>
> > I am running debian sarge and I just did an apt-get dist-upgrade and
> > my wireless keyboard and mouse are no longer working.  I know that
> > bios sees the wireless keyboard and mouse because I can hit delete and
> > go to bios setup (If that makes any difference)  It has been quite
> > some time since I did a system upgrade and I noticed that kdm looked a
> > lot different.  Thanks for any help in advance.
>
>   Could you post your /etc/apt/sources.list and the contents of
> /etc/debian_version ?  I'm wondering if you maybe upgraded to etch by
> accident (which could have happened if you listed "stable" instead of
> "sarge" in sources.list).
>
>   Daniel
>
> --

You are right.  Here is the info I have.  Still wish the wireless
keyboard and mouse would work.

brent@Linuxbox:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
#deb file:///cdrom/ sarge main

deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main
deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main
deb-src ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main

brent@Linuxbox:~$ cat /etc/debian_version
4.0
brent@Linuxbox:~$