Re: Changing packages

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 16:49:32 +0000
"Nuno Magalhães" <morceguinho@gmail.com> wrote:

> > But why not just do a base install and choose the packages you
> > want with aptitude?
>
> A base isntall isn't so basic, it does install lost of stuff you
> don't need. But, beats nothing, that's what i usually do.
>
> However, if you want to personalize an installation (and learn
> something) i'd recomend the Linux From Scratch projects.

I guess that depends upon your goal for the installation.  If I want
a server that runs, or I need a desktop tomorrow, I won't install
LFS.  I need to spend my time being productive rather than leaning
from LFS.  But, that's just me.

--
Raquel
Leave the matter of religion to the family altar, the church, and the