Re: Web cam Philips 0471:032d not seen

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 09:38:37 +0200, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> On Friday 26 October 2007 09:01, Kevin Mark wrote:
> > There is a table that lists the usb ids and tells what module to load.
> > So if this list is out-of-date, the kernel will not automatically load
> > the modeles. If I recall, 'update-usbids' might fix that issue. Also,
> > manufacturers sometimes change the chipset used in devices and thus one
> > unit may work while a later model may not. Sometimes you can tell by
> > looking at the version number of the device (version 2, model X,
> > revision C or something like that).
> > -K
>
> I had update the usb list, so that is'nt the problem, and no, no such luck as
> aving a big description on the device.
> Thank you all for your answers, but I guess I am going to resell it and buy an
> other one.

I just had a quick look at the gspca sources that are available in Sid
(i.e. version 01.00.18-2). Your USB IDs are listed in gspca_core.c:

{USB_DEVICE(0x0471, 0x032d)},   /* Philips spc210nc*/

It seems to me that the device should be supported. Did you have
problems building the module from the newest sources?

          Florian   |