Re: system clock reset on reboot

On 27/10/2007 Russell L. Harris wrote:
> Has it been more than three or four years since you changed the CMOS
> RAM backup battery on the motherboard?  A dead battery can cause
> difficulties, because some of the time utilities expect to make only
> minor corrections (seconds and minutes, not months and years).

that's a good point. my motherboard indeed is about four years old,
maybe you're right, and the battery is dead.

the debconf question about "hardware clock set to GMT" seems not related,
as it is only about whether your clock is set to local time or not. it
doesn't offer the possibility of a dead or wrong hardware clock at all.

greetings,
 jonas