Xorg keyboard and mouse problems (was: Strange X problem--right mouse kills X)

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 10:59:12 -0700, javi78 wrote:

> Today after upgrade my debian Sid, many keys of my keyboard didn't work
> properly. For example, Alt-Gr key had the enter function, when I pushed "up"
> direction key the Ksnapshot was launched, etc.
> Then I saw in this forum that the package xserver-xorg-input-evdev could
> have a problem with other modules related to xorg. To remove
> xserver-xorg-input-evdev with apt-get remove xserver-xorg-input-evdev solved
> my problem.

It seems that this issue is fixed now, at least as far as the non-US
keyboard layouts are concerned. Today I upgraded to hal 0.5.10-2 and
reinstalled xserver-xorg-input-evdev (1:1.2.0~git20070819-3). My ES
keyboard still works even when I force Xorg to load the evdev module.

          Florian   |