Re: Strange X problem--right mouse kills X

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 10:59:12 -0700, javi78 wrote:

>Today after upgrade my debian Sid, many keys of my keyboard didn't work
>properly. For example, Alt-Gr key had the enter function, when I pushed
>"up" direction key the Ksnapshot was launched, etc.  Then I saw in this
>forum that the package xserver-xorg-input-evdev could have a problem
>with other modules related to xorg. To remove xserver-xorg-input-evdev
>with apt-get remove xserver-xorg-input-evdev solved my problem.
>Thank you very much for your help.

It turns out the easier solution is to get rid of
/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/10-xx-input.fdi.  It caused evdev
to be used in X.

It seems my latest update (in Sid) has removed the file from that
location.  Things are now back to normal again :-)

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus