Re: debian oriented laptot suggestions

On Sep 12, 2007, at 2:57 AM, Richard Lyons wrote:
Good Luck!  All my laptops have been silent.  But otherwise, all have
run debian out of the box (not counting winmodems of course), old
Thinkpads, old Dell, and even a new Acer Aspire.  And the thinkpad
keyboard puts all others in the shade.

Sound works fine on my old Thinkpad T22. Although I'm not running Debian on it, so maybe this is a difference between distros. I do find that if I suspend/resume, sound no longer works, though.

What I really appreciate about Thinkpads, from a Linux user's perspective, is that they have three-button mice. ;)