Re: HP Ultrium 960 LTO-3 on Debian Etch?

Le Wednesday 15 August 2007 22:33:59 andremachado, vous avez écrit :
> Hello,
> Could you point some url telling how to get scsi HP storageworks Ultrium
> 960 external tape drive running with Debian 4.0 Etch? Regards.
> Andre Felipe

It depends on the controller.
At what type of controller is the LTO attached ?

If it's a SmartArray using the cciss driver, you need the following commands
(to adapt to your devices numbers) :

# echo "engage scsi" > /proc/driver/cciss/cciss0
# echo "rescan" > /proc/scsi/cciss0/2

I'm not sure that the last one is necessary.

Infos here too :
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_46_4233.shtm