Re: how to restore bios password (PHEONIX on acer 5102)

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> Jabka Atu wrote:
> > but the issue is that afaik if i open the laptop i will lose my warrenty.
>
> ...  they have effectively stolen your laptop from you by locking
> you out of its BIOS ...

Agreed.  I have never heard of a vendor laptop or otherwise setting a
bios password and claiming that removing it would void the warranty.
I consider that completely unreasonable terms.  I would refuse those
conditions and return the unit.

Other than simply being prepared for the future what functions to you
need to modify in the bios?  I am assuming that the laptop is booting
at the moment?

Bob