Re: Cannot connect to network anymore

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 11:44:02AM +0200, Mitja Podreka wrote:

> I have an ADSL connection and for the last two months (since I installed
> Etch) it was working fine. If I reboot to windows it works fine, when I
> came back it doesn't work, so I guess it is a software problem in Etch.
> I have another computer on the same connection running Etch and it also
> works fine

OK, I'll agree that it sounds like a problem with Etch on the laptop.

Send your dmesg | grep -i eth

Does the laptop, by any chance, have firewire?  Etch assignes an eth* to
a firewire port since its apparently possible to network with it.  You
may find that your eth0 has turned into eth1 and that the eth0 that is
up is really another port altogether.  The dmesg will tell us.

Doug.