Re: Ati Drivers, Xorg 7.2, Missing libfglrxdrm.a

Orestes leal wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 08:19:55 -0400
> Orestes leal <orestesleal13022@cha.jovenclub.cu> wrote:
>

>> Hi folks, good day!
>>
>> Yesterday I've downloaded the latest drivers from ATI
>> (ati-driver-installer-8.37.6-x86.x86_64.run) for Xorg7.1
>> (I have Xorg 7.2) and greater,
>> but after install it sucessfully and change my xorg.conf to use my new
>> fglrx driver something freeze me, checking the log I found that the
>> fglrx driver do it's job very well, everything looks fine but in one
>> point Xorg output this message and no X session it's started.
>>
>> "libfglrxdrm.a not found", no module or something like that,
>> I have a libfglrxdrm.so but no a .a library (static library?)
>> I search all my hard drive and realize that this file won't exists,
>> any help on this topic will be thankfully apreciated.
>>

>> NOTE: the aticonfig --initial and such configurations were the worst
>> case escenario for me, none of such metods works, I have an ATI RADEON
>> 200 series onboard with 64 megs and 64 shared from phisical mem (128 in
>> total), anyway, any help?, thanks.
>>
>> NOTE2: Any of you can send me this library? for put in the rightplace
>> and test if this mess works.
>>

>> Best Regards,
>> Orestes.
>>

> Ups, I reply to myself, I checked and the latest it's 8.38.6 yihaa!!!!
> voy pa alla!!
>
> Best,
> Orestes.
Hi Orestes,
I hope your fglrx driver is working. You say you have an ATI Radeon 200
series, I've never heard of that do you mean 9200? If so, I don't think the
latest ATI driver supports that card.
Does "voy pa alla" mean "I'm going over there?" (just curious).
Cheers,
Jonathan